In January, Viking Capital’s leadership team convened for the annual review and goal-setting session for 2024/2025. Utilizing the Pinnacle system under the guidance of Steve Preda, we strategically planned our growth trajectory.
This system plays a crucial role in ensuring accountability to our goals and fosters momentum as we meticulously plan for the upcoming quarters.
A significant highlight of our planning session involved in-depth discussions on individual and team personality assessments.
We delved into the strengths and weaknesses of each leader’s natural behavior methods, identifying potential areas for improvement and blind spots. The DISC personality test is a valuable tool employed at Viking to identify complementary team members during our hiring process.
Feel free to take your own DISC test here.
How we use the DISC to build better leaders:
- Individual Insight: DISC assessments offer leaders valuable insights into their behavior styles.
- Team Dynamics: Analyzing DISC profiles enhances understanding of collective dynamics, fostering a well-balanced leadership team.
- Development Opportunities: Identification of improvement areas guides targeted leadership development for continuous growth.
- Strategic Hiring: DISC assessments in our hiring process ensure alignment of candidates’ traits with team dynamics, contributing to an effective leadership team.
Our team has named this year the “Road to A Billion” because in 2024 we will hit $1B in assets. This is the year for continued momentum and growth for the Viking team, and our investors, and we are excited for what’s in store this year.
Viking Capital is working on new and improved investor reporting, as well as regular town halls where investors will receive regular updates from our asset manager and can ask any questions you may have.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to our Investor Relations Team.
Onward & Upward,
Senior lawmakers in Congress announced a bipartisan deal aimed at expanding the child tax credit and introducing tax breaks for businesses, with a particular focus on potential changes to bonus depreciation.
We will continue to update you on news regarding bonus depreciation and the tax advantages you can use in real estate investing.
Join Viking Capital’s latest podcast episode where we discuss the changing market landscape resulting in preferred equity investment opportunities.
Listen today and learn:
- Transition Dynamics: Explore the evolution of real estate syndication with a focus on the shift from common equity to preferred equity, understanding the critical factors influencing this transition.
- Equity Nuances Unveiled: Gain comprehensive insights into common and preferred equity in multifamily syndication, delving into their distinct roles, return profiles, and risk exposures.
- Risk-Benefit Analysis: Navigate the risks and benefits associated with common and preferred equity investments, with a particular emphasis on the factors influencing the choice between the two.
- Real-World Illumination: Illuminate your understanding with real-world case studies, showcasing outcomes for both common and preferred equity in various scenarios, providing practical insights for investors and syndicators alike.
Despite a subdued transactional environment, our team meticulously analyzed over 593 deals to find the best investment opportunities for our investors, resulting in 82 deals put under contract, and from those, selected three deals that would provide the greatest returns to our each of you.
Viking Capital is voraciously reviewing all of the newest deals on the market to find your next investment opportunity.
🚫Stop Trading Time for Money!
Download our Newest eBook and Learn:
- 3 powerful strategies for mitigating your tax liability.
- Understanding your tax bracket nuances and potential savings your accountant may be missing.
- Tax advantages in multifamily investing.
- How to get started investing.